- The vascular bundles or veins or ribs of the blades, glumes, lemmas, and paleas.
- A vestiture of thick medium length hairs.
- Growth form for spring and early summer.
- Covered with warty protuberances.
- A whorl of parts arising from a common point or around an axis.
- Having branches or flowers arranged in whorls at two or more levels of an inflorescence.
- Not fully developed; rudimentary.
- Matching unknown but keyed specimen with known material in the herbaium.
- Surface coverings (e.g., hairs, or wax, or scales).
- Long, soft, unmatted hairs; shaggy.
- Sticky, glutinous.
- Voucher specimen
- An herbarium specimen that documents the morphology and identification for chromosome, ecological & anatomical studies, plant breeding (parents and progeny), and taxonomy.