C D E
F G H
I J K
L M N
O P Q
R S T
U V W
X Y Z
- Appearing torn on the margin; irregularly cleft.
- Woolly covering of short dense hair.
- Shape or outline like the head of a spear; pointed at both ends and widest below the middle.
- Referring to the sides.
- The lateral organ of a grass culm, typically consisting of a sheath, blade, ligule, and auricles.
- Leaf blade
- The expanded and flattened portion of a leaf.
- Leaf sheath
- The tubular basal portion of a leaf that encloses the stem, as in grasses and sedges.
- An odd-veined bract, the lowermost of the floret which is attached to the rachilla where it delimits the floret.
- The adaxial appendage, membrane, ciliate membrane, or ring of hairs on the inside of a leaf at the junction of sheath and blade.
- Long and narrow with parallel margins.
- A projecting portion of an organ in which the divisions are less than half the distance to the base or midrib; usually rounded at apex.
- Two or three membranous parts at the base of the grass flower; thought to be reduced perianth.
- Life span of an organism; in plants annual, biennial or perennial.