C D E
F G H
I J K
L M N
O P Q
R S T
U V W
X Y Z
- Bent sharply, like a bent knee.
- An inclusive, taxonomic category whose species have more characteristics in common with each other than with species of other genera within the same family.
- Swollen on one side; see the second glume of Sacciolepis.
- Almost glabrous.
- Becoming glabrous (without hairs) as that plant structure ages or matures.
- Without hairs of any type.
- Bearing glands.
- A waxy bloom or white covering of a surface. In plants the result is usually a bluegreen color.
- Round or spherical.
- odd veined bracts that delimit the spikelet; usually 2 per spikelet; attached to the rachilla; empty.
- Grass Flower
- The reproductive axis subtended by the palea and lemma and consisting of lodicules, stamens, and carpels, although it may also be unisexual.