C D E
F G H
I J K
L M N
O P Q
R S T
U V W
X Y Z
- Small bundle or cluster.
- Capable of producing a fruit or caryopsis.
- Looking like a mass of fiber; thread-like but may appear branched.
- Thread-like; long and narrow.
- First glume
- The lowermost of the two typical glumes of a spikelet; attached to the rachilla; empty (without flower parts in the axil; odd veined)
- Broadly wedge or fan-shaped.
- Bent gradually in one direction and then another.
- Floral axis
- The structure that the palea and flower are attached to the rachilla.
- The lemma, floral axis, and palea with the included flower (pistil, stamen, and lodicules) or caryopsis (floret with all parts).
- (grass flower) 2(-3) lodicules, (-1,-2) 3(-6)stamens, and pistil with 2(-3) stigma branches; flowers are within a and part of the floret.
- Producing the male and female reproductive structures.
- Ripened ovary.
- Spindle-shaped; widest near the middle and tapering in toward both ends.