C D E
F G H
I J K
L M N
O P Q
R S T
U V W
X Y Z
- Retrorse projections or hairs.
- Referring to the base or located there; the lower portion of a structure.
- Bearing long, stiff hairs, e.g. at culm nodes of Dichanthium.
- Apex with one cleft or having two teeth.
- Two sided; structures on two sides of an organ.
- Collectively, the genus name and the specific epithet name of a plant or animal; The latin, scientific name, or "species."
- Having both sexes; a hermaphrodite.
- Part of the leaf above the sheath.
- A waxy covering on surfaces, such as fruits and leaves; usually results in a bluish color.
- A modified leaf, often scale-like (e.g., glumes, lemmas, paleas).
- A lateral stem or part of the panicle inflorescence.
- A stiff, slender hair or appendage likened to a hog's bristle; in Setaria , Pennisetum and a few other grasses, it is a highly reduced branch without a spikelet at the apex.
- An undeveloped stem, branch, leaf, or flower.
- A subterranean bud with fleshy scales, such as those of an onion.
- A rough or prickly covering surrounding the fruits or spikelets of some genera.