Other Uses for Lophophora williamsii
Lophophora williamsii has
many other uses besides those listed in the medical significance portion
of this paper.
- Mexican Americans used peyote bulbs as a lotion for the
head and feet.
- The U.S. Army used peyote as a pain killer.
- Northern Mexican Tribes used chewed peyote roots as a
"poultice" to fractures, larger open wounds, and snakebites.
- Kansas potawatoms used peyote to help rheumatism and
- Peyote is believed to be a valuable instrument for research
the table of contents